Wednesday, August 4, 2010

more neuro(sis)

saw the neurologist today at diamond centre, a big, scary medical building near vgh. the carpet on the 8th floor had such a busy design that i thought it was gonna eat me alive. i ended up hiding my head and closing my eyes to avoid looking at the psychedelic backdrop. it turns out there is no single explanation about the numerous flashes of white light i saw 4, 5 times a day and the clicking noise that i kept hearing from inside my head back in may/june. so he ordered a CT scan and a 2nd EEG, and i'm due back to see him in 3 months. he said he's not gonna start me on any anticonvulsants unless he's sure there's seizure activity in my brain, since i experienced significant myelosuppression with carbamazepine and dilantin. and he confirmed that i shouldn't drive, swim, or have baths til early/mid-october. that's fine with me, really. i quite like taking the skytrain and being able to space out without offending anybody or feeling guilty.

the neuropsyc. testing begins tomorrow, and i'm dead nervous about the results coming out perfectly normal. but my vocational rehab therapist reassured me today that even if it doesn't show on pen and paper, it doesn't mean what i'm experiencing isn't real.

No comments:

Post a Comment